Gordon D. McAuley is a trial lawyer who specializes in civil litigation of business and real estate concerns, construction disputes, and enjoys a national reputation as a litigator in matters of transportation law. He also is a highly trained and skilled mediator, and is a certified mediator for assignments by the District Court for the Northern District of California.
He is a frequent panel speaker before the Transportation Lawyers Association, the Association for Transportation Law, Logistics, and Policy and other transportation industry groups. He is the Secretary-Treasurer of the Transportation Lawyers Association, and former Co-Chairman of the Freight Claims Committee of that international bar association. He was honored with its Distinguished Service Award in 2003.
Gordon is licensed to practice law in the State of California, and has argued several matters before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Business Law
- University of California at Berkeley, Boalt Hall School of Law, Berkeley, California
- J.D. - 1981
- University of California, Berkeley, California
- B.A. - 1977
- Major: Philosophy
- The Pasha Group, Assistant General Counsel
- Hanson Bridgett, Equity Partner
- U.S. Air Force, Air Traffic Controller
- A-V Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Northern California Super Lawyer
- Hughes Aircraft v. North American Van Lines, 970 F.2d 609 (9th Cir. 1992)
- Neptune Orient Lines v. BNSF Railroad, 213 F.3d 1118 (9th Cir. 2000)
- Federal District Court in San Francisco, Certified Mediator
- Marin County Bar Association ADR Section, Chair, 2013
- Transportation Lawyers Association, Past President
- Transportation Lawyers Association, Freight Claims Committee, Chairman